NO DOUGH DUMPLINGS! Egg Wrapped Dumplings with Pork and Spinach filling Hi everyone, welcome to souped up recipes. Today we are making dan jiao [蛋饺]. It is a unique dumpling wrapped by egg. We don’t use any flour. This is gluten-free and It is so delicious. You try it once, you will fall in love with it.
Buy the egg frying pan: https://amzn.to/2Ht8NHy
CHECK MY AMAZON INFLUENCER PAGE - https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-078efbf8
(I share ingredients and recommended products there)
- 250 grams of ground pork
- 120 grams of spinach
- 2 tsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1.5 tsp of grated garlic
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- Some white pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of diced scallion
- 8 large size eggs
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp of water
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Wash the spinach carefully. The end of the stem and root usually has lots of sand. Make sure you clean that.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp of salt. Then blanch the spinach. The stem side goes in first. A few seconds later, drop the rest. Let it blanch for about 20 seconds and take them out.
- Get rid of the excess water. Spread it on the cutting board so it can cool down faster. Then finely dice them. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out of the spinach. Set it aside, we gonna make the filling.
- You will need 250 grams of ground pork. To that, add 2 tsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of oyster sauce, 1/4 tsp of salt, 2 cloves of grated garlic, some white pepper to taste, and a drizzle of sesame oil. Mix everything first. Then stir the meat within one direction for a few minutes to develop the texture. When you see there are some thin strengths appearing, that means it is good. Now you can add the blanched spinach, and 1/4 cup of diced spring onion. Mix it well. You can make 30-35 egg dumplings with this recipe. I like to pre-divide the filling into small oval pieces. The amount is about 2 tsp for each piece. When you make egg wrappers, it is gonna be really fast and you won’t have enough time to shape the filling so it is better to do it now. Set it aside. Let’s move on to the egg.
- Crack 8 large size eggs in one bowl. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and some cornstarch water. Whisk the egg for few minutes until you can not lift up any obvious egg white.
- To make the egg wrappers, you need a non-stick egg frying pan. Add a little bit of oil. Shake the pan so the oil can spread out. Use medium-low heat. Then add the egg mixture. The amount depends on the size of the frying pan. My frying pan is 4.5 inches in diameter. I used a little bit less than 2 tbsp of the egg mixture. When you put the filling on, make sure there is still some liquid egg. Or else your dumpling won’t be able to seal completely. Carefully lift up one side of the wrapper. Fold it across. Pack it tight to seal it completely. Let it cook for 15 more seconds. Then flip to fry the other side for another 15 seconds. Keep doing the same thing to finish the rest.
- What you made here is a half done food product. You can not eat them like this. Because the pork is still raw. You need to cook it for furthermore. You can through some into a hot pot. Taste delicious that way. You can cook it with noodles. I love egg dumplings on top of noodle soup. Egg dumpling is freezer friendly. I freeze them on a plate and store them in a plastic bag. It will last for 2 months. Besides that, let me show you the simplest way to eat them. Just put them in a steamer, once the water is boiling, start counting the time. Steam them for 15 minutes. Serve it with your favorite dipping sauce.